BGP ROUTING PROTOCOL AND MODERN THREATS
Authors: Archili Shengelia
Affiliation: Sokhumi State University
ABSTRACT. It is difficult to imagine today's modern world without the Internet. The Internet has become very popular in the last 30 years and has changed many aspects of our daily existence. Our world has become highly dependent on Internet technologies and systems, and many essential services that billions of people use every day would simply not be available without Internet communications and networks. On the other hand, the almost continuous connection of billions of devices in Internet communications has led to an unhealthy interest of various types of cybercriminals in global computer networks, and for many organizations, the threat of hijacking, theft or destruction of their data and various values has potentially increased.
1. S. Kent, C. Lynn and K. Seo, "Secure Border Gateway Protocol (S-BGP)," in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 582-592, April 2000, doi: 10.1109/49.839934.
2. G. Huston, M. Rossi and G. Armitage, "Securing BGP — A Literature Survey," in IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 199-222, Second Quarter 2011, doi: 10.1109/SURV.2011.041010.00041.
3. Iavich M., Iashvili G., Gnatyuk S., Tolbatov A., Mirtskhulava L. (2021) Efficient and Secure Digital Signature Scheme for Post Quantum Epoch. In: Lopata A., Gudonienė D., Butkienė R. (eds) Information and Software Technologies. ICIST 2021. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol 1486. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-88304-1_15
4. M. Caesar and J. Rexford, "BGP routing policies in ISP networks," in IEEE Network, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 5-11, Nov.-Dec. 2005, doi: 10.1109/MNET.2005.1541715.
5. B. Al-Musawi, P. Branch and G. Armitage, "BGP Anomaly Detection Techniques: A Survey," in IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 377-396, Firstquarter 2017, doi: 10.1109/COMST.2016.2622240.
6. Iavich, M. (2023). Post-quantum Scheme with the Novel Random Number Generator with the Corresponding Certification Method. In: Hu, Z., Wang, Y., He, M. (eds) Advances in Intelligent Systems, Computer Science and Digital Economics IV. CSDEIS 2022. Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies, vol 158. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-24475-9_7
7. Mitseva, Asya, Andriy Panchenko, and Thomas Engel. "The state of affairs in BGP security: A survey of attacks and defenses." Computer Communications 124 (2018): 45-60.
8. Butler, K., Farley, T. R., McDaniel, P., & Rexford, J. (2009). A survey of BGP security issues and solutions. Proceedings of the IEEE, 98(1), 100-122.
9. K. Butler, T. R. Farley, P. McDaniel and J. Rexford, "A Survey of BGP Security Issues and Solutions," in Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 98, no. 1, pp. 100-122, Jan. 2010, doi: 10.1109/JPROC.2009.2034031.
10. Iavich, M., Gnatyuk, S., Iashvili, G., Odarchenko, R., Simonov, S. (2023). 5G Security Function and Its Testing Environment. In: Faure, E., Danchenko, O., Bondarenko, M., Tryus, Y., Bazilo, C., Zaspa, G. (eds) Information Technology for Education, Science, and Technics. ITEST 2022. Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies, vol 178. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-35467-0_39