One-time pad – How breakable it is and How we can use it in the future
Authors: Levan Niparishvili
Affiliation: Bachelor in Business Administration, Doing Master in IT Management at Caucasus University of Georgia
Keywords: one-time pad, encryption scheme
ABSTRACT. The article is about to show that One-time pad is unbreakable if all rules are correctly applied. It gives some examples to prove that ciphertext does not leak any information about the plaintext. There are situations when One-time pad can be broken in case it is based on crypto algorithm generator or when it is used more than once. Also, there is analyzed the use of one-time pad in the future.
1. M. Iavich, G. Iashvili, A.Gagnidze, S. Gnatyuk, V. Vialkova; Lattice Based Merkle; IVUS2019; CEUR-WS.org; 2019
2. Horstmeyer, R., Judkewitz, B., Vellekoop, I. et al. Physical key-protected one-time pad. Sci Rep 3, 3543 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1038/srep03543
3. Gagnidze A.G., Iavich M.P., Iashvili G.U., Analysis of Post Quantum Cryptography use in Practice, Bulletin of the Georgian National Academy of Sciences, vol. 11, no. 2, 2017, p.29-36.
4. A. Gagnidze, M. Iavich, G. Iashvili// Novel Version of Merkle Cryptosystem// BULLETIN OF THE GEORGIAN NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, vol. 11, no. 4, 2017, p. 28-33
5. S. Tang and F. Liu, "A one-time pad encryption algorithm based on one-way hash and conventional block cipher," 2012 2nd International Conference on Consumer Electronics, Communications and Networks (CECNet), Yichang, 2012, pp. 72-74, doi: 10.1109/CECNet.2012.6201917.