THE ANALYSIS OF THE DIFFERENCE OF 4G AND 5G SECURITIES.
Authors: M.Iavich, G.Iashvili, A.Gagnidze, L.Nachkebia , S. Khukhashvili
Affiliation: Caucasus University, Scientific Cyber Security Association, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Keywords: 4G vs 5G, security, cellular network
ABSTRACT. The paper analyzes the difference between 4G and 5G architectures. The difference between 4g and 5G security is also analyzed. We analyzed the new security features of 5G, the advantages and disadvantages are identified. Are analyzed the existing attacks on 5G, such as MNmap, MiTM and Battery drain attacks. The recommendation for securing 5g are provided.
1. Gagnidze, A., Iavich, M., Iashvili, G.: Novel version of merkle cryptosystem. Bull. Georgian Natl. Acad. Sci. 11(4), 28–33 (2017)
2. Avtandil Gagnidze & Maksim Iavich & Giorgi Iashvili, 2017. "Some Aspects Of Post-Quantum Cryptosystems," Eurasian Journal of Business and Management, Eurasian Publications, vol. 5(1), pages 16-20.
3. S. Zhang, "An Overview of Network Slicing for 5G," in IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 111-117, June 2019, doi: 10.1109/MWC.2019.1800234.
4. P. Popovski, K. F. Trillingsgaard, O. Simeone and G. Durisi, "5G Wireless Network Slicing for eMBB, URLLC, and mMTC: A Communication-Theoretic View," in IEEE Access, vol. 6, pp. 55765-55779, 2018, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2872781.
5. V. Sciancalepore, K. Samdanis, X. Costa-Perez, D. Bega, M. Gramaglia and A. Banchs, "Mobile traffic forecasting for maximizing 5G network slicing resource utilization," IEEE INFOCOM 2017 - IEEE Conference on Computer Communications, Atlanta, GA, 2017, pp. 1-9, doi: 10.1109/INFOCOM.2017.8057230.