SYNTHESIS OF QUANTUM KEY DISTRIBUTION AND LIGHTWEIGHT ENCRYPTION FOR DATA PRIVACY IN MODERN INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
Authors: Sergiy Gnatyuk, Rat Berdibayev, Yuliia Burmak, Dinara Ospanova
Affiliation: NAU Cybersecurity R&D Lab http://cyberlab.fccpi.nau.edu.ua/ National Aviation University, Kyiv, Ukraine, Almaty University of Power Engineering and Telecommunications, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Kazakh Humanitarian Juridical Innovative University, Semey, Kazakhstan
Keywords: ICT,cybersecurity, QKD, data privacy, encryption, IoT, lightweight cryptography.
ABSTRACT. Key distribution is one of the most important problems of cryptography. This problem can be solved by different approaches – QKD is one of these methods. Today there are many QKD methods and systems, most of them is used in complex with traditional cryptography. In this paper the analysis of quantum technologies was carried out. It was declared that QKD is most implemented quantum technology in both laboratory (experimental) and commercial sector. Modern QKD protocols were analyzed as well as advantages / disadvantages were defined. Also it was declared, that QKD protocols can be used in complex with lightweight encryption for data privacy in modern information and communication systems (for example, IoT). To provide high security level lightweight algorithms can be changed on secure post-quantum algorithms.
1. Gnatyuk S. Advanced Technologies of Quantum Key Distribution, Monograph, London, Great Britain : InTech, 2018, 227 p. DOI: 10.5772/65232
2. Korchenko O., Vorobiyenko P., Vasiliu Ye., Gnatyuk S. elecommunications Networks: Current Status and Future Trends, Monograph [edited by Jesus Hamilton Ortiz], Rijeka, Croatia : InTech, 2012, 446 p.
3. Z. Hu, S. Gnatyuk, T. Okhrimenko, V. Kinzeryavyy, M. Iavich, Kh. Yubuzova, High-Speed Privaсy Amplification Method for Deterministic Quantum Cryptography Protocols Using Pairs of Entangled Qutrits, CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Vol. 2393, pp. 810-821, 2019.
4. Gnatyuk S., Okhrimenko T., Azarenko O., Fesenko A., Berdibayev R. Experimental Study of Secure PRNG for Q-trits Quantum Cryptography Protocols, Proceedings of the 2020 IEEE 11th International Conference on Dependable Systems, Services and Technologies (DESSERT 2020), Kyiv, Ukraine, May 14, 2020, pp. 183-188.
5. Labadze G., Iavich M., Iashvili G., Gagnidze A., Gnatyuk S. Post-quantum digital signature scheme with BB84 protocol, CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Vol. 2915, pp. 35-44, 2021.
6. Iavich M., Kuchukhidze T., Gnatyuk S., Fesenko A. Novel certification method for quantum random number generators, International Journal of Computer Network and Information Security, Volume 13, Issue 3, pp. 28-38, 2021.
7. Iavich M., Gnatyuk S., Arakelian A., Iashvili G., Polishchuk Y., Prysiazhnyy D., Improved Post-quantum Merkle Algorithm Based on Threads, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Vol. 1247 AISC, pp. 454-464, 2021.
8. M. Iavich, S. Gnatyuk, G. Iashvili, A. Fesenko. Cyber security European standards in business. Scientific and Practical Cyber Security Journal (SPCSJ), 3(2):36-39, 2019