THE ANALYSIS OF CYBERSECURITY PROBLEMS IN FINANCIAL SERVICES SECTOR
Автор: Oksana Kovalchuk, Diana Popova
Организация: Sokhumi State University, Georgian Technical University
Ключевые слова: cybersecurity problems, financial sector, regulations, cyber threats
Аннотация. The concentration of money, bank-centricity of the financial market, a vast range of online services, and a significant customer base make banks and other financial institutions an alluring target for cybercriminals, leading to a sophisticated form of fraud. This intellectualized form of fraud reduces trust in financial institutions, decreases resources in the economy, and negatively impacts the country's financial and economic security, along with its image as a trustworthy financial partner in integration processes. The international regulatory community recognizes the importance of finding solutions to combat cybercrime and safeguard the rights of consumers of financial services, and they prioritize these issues as critical scientific challenges. The financial services sector is a prime target for cyber-attacks and is heavily regulated across the globe. Financial services organizations face a constant barrage of intrusion attempts and other attacks, and they often struggle to transition from a reactive to a proactive cybersecurity posture. Achieving this goal is complicated by the ever-increasing number of attack avenues that arise due to the use of new technologies as part of digital innovation initiatives. Along with this complexity, there is a growing need to comply with regulations regarding the use of financial and personal data. Analyzing cyber threats and addressing issues related to financial organizations' activities is an extremely relevant topic. This article aims to examine the primary cyber problems faced by the financial sector while also providing recommendations for financial institutions to help mitigate these challenges.
1. Trend Report "Financial Cyber Threats Q1 2017". Electronic resource: http://www.level3.com//media/files/infographics/en_infg_financialserv_topnetworksecurityth reats_regionalbanks.pdf
2. IT threat evolution Q3 2017. Statistics. Electronic resource: https://securelist.com/it-threatevolution-q3-2017-statistics/83131/
3. Ryan C. Hybrid Risk: The truth behind first party fraud / Chris Ryan // The official site of the company "Experian". – 2015. – Electronic resource: http://www.experian.com/blogs/insights/2015/10/hybrid-risk-the-truth-behind-first-partyfraud/.
4. Third Party Fraud // Open Risk Manual. – 2017. – Electronic resource: https://www.openriskmanual.org/wiki/Third_Party_Fraud
5. IBM Annual reports 2019-2022. – Electronic resource: https://www.ibm.com/annualreport
6. Maksim Iavich, Sergiy Gnatyuk, Giorgi Iashvili, AndriyFesenko, Security methods against modern cyber-attack vectors in countries of Europe, Scientific and practical cyber security journal, 2019
7. Maksim Iavich, Sergiy Gnatyuk, Giorgi Iashvili, AndriyFesenko, Cyber security European standards in business, Scientific and practical cyber security journal, 2019