INFORMATION SECURITY: AN EFFECTIVE TOOL FOR SUSTAINABLE NIGERIAN NATIONAL SECURITY AND DEVELOPMENT
ავტორი: Aliyu Ahmed Abubakar, Adamu Umaru Shamsuddeen
ორგანიზაცია: , Department of Computer Science, Kaduna State University, Kaduna, Nigeria 1 School of Cyberscience and Engineering, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China Corresponding, Department of Computer Science, Kaduna State University, Kaduna, Nigeria 1 School of Cyberscience and Engineering, Wuhan University,
საკვანძო სიტყვები: Information Security, Cyber Security, National Security, National Development, Information Security Strategy
აბსტრაქტი. Information security is the exercise of protecting information by means of mitigating information threats and risks by averting or decreasing the probability of inappropriate or unauthorized access to data, or the unlawful usage, exposure, disruption, erasure, corruption, alteration, assessment, recording, or devaluation of information. It similarly encompasses actions planned to decrease the adversarial effects of such incidents. Information security's prime goal is the protection of the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data for efficient policy implementation, and without obstructing the productivity and development of the organization. An effective information security strategy would be the best measure to adopt to tackle the insecurity challenges faced by Nigeria which as well obstructs its potential to drive sustainable national security and development. This study defines those effective information security measures and strategies to be adopted as a tool to attain the desired said information security goal. This paper concludes that these measures and strategies will be effective for sustainable Nigerian national security and development. Nevertheless, this study provides recommendations that will enhance sustainable Nigerian national development by adopting these information security measures.
1. Ahmed, A. A. (2020). Improving Cloud Data Security by hybridization of ZeroKnowledge Proof and Time-Based One-Time Password. KASU JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES, 116-126.
2. Aliyu, T. (2021, July 19). Nigeria's security crises-five different threats. Retrieved from BBC News website: www.bbc.com
3. Anthony, H. C. (2005). National Security in Saudi Arabia: Threats, Responses, and Challenges. Riyadh: https://www.csis.org/analysis/national-security-saudi-arabia
4. Ariyo-Dare, A. (2020, July 13). Agenda 2050: A new thinking with citizen participation and inclusion. Retrieved from Vanguard Website: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/agenda-2050-a- newthinking-with-citizen-participation-and-inclusion/
5. Chinecherem, U., & PaulIregbenu, P. (2015). Security Challenges and Implications to National Stability. Anambra : Project: Child Labour and Its Determinants in Informal Sector of Onitsha.
6. Eko, O. (2022, 03 10). five threats to national security and how the government protects its citizens . Retrieved from Safetymanagement.eku.edu: Safetymanagement.eku.edu
7. Emmanuel, I. T., Eneh, A. H., Isaac, S., Arinze, U. C., & Ahmed, A. A. (2021). ICTs - An Efficient Tools for Entrepreneurs Amongst the Nigerian Youths. Proceedings of the 27th SMART-iSTEAMS- IEEE, MINTT Conference Academic City University College (pp. 267-272). Accra, Ghana: www.isteams.net/ghana2021.
8. Latham & Watkins. (2021, July 21). China’s New Data Security Law: What to Know. Retrieved from LW website: https://www.lw.com/thoughtLeadership/china-new-data-security-law-what-to- know
9. National strategy for the protection of Switzerland against cyber risks. (2012, June 19). Retrieved from Enisa Website: https://www.enisa.europa.eu/topics/national-cyber-security-strategies/ncssmap/National_strategy_for_the_protection_of_Switzerland_against_cyber_risksEN.pdf
10. Olanrewaju, O. (2021, December 21). As Nigeria Unveils National Development Plan 2021-2025, these are Twenty Key Points to Note. Retrieved March 11, 2022, from Dataphyte Website: https://www.dataphyte.com/latest-reports/economy/as-nigeria-unveils-national- development-plan2021-2025-these-are-twenty-key-points-tonote/#:~:text=The%20National%20Development%20Plan%20targets,persons%20and%2020 25%2074.01%20persons.
11. Orion, C. (2019, May 30). The 8 Elements of an Information Security Policy. Retrieved from Exabeam Website: https://www.exabeam.com/information-security/information-security-policy/
12. Paul, C. (2022, 03 10). Security Threats Facing Africa and its Capacity to respond. Retrieved from cco.ndu.edu: cco.ndu.edu
13. Rasim, M. A., Yadigar, N. I., Rasim, S. M., & Aliguliyev, R. M. (2021). Information Security as a National Security Component. Information Secuirty Journal: A Global Perspective, 1.
14. The National Institute of Standards and Technology. (2022, March 11). COMPUTER SECURITY RESOURCE CENTER. Retrieved from CSRC Website: https://csrc.nist.gov/glossary/term/cybersecurity
15. Tope, A. (2016). ‘Cyberharam': Can Nigeria Prepare For The Next Generation Of Terrorists? Deloitte Nigeria. Retrieved March 11, 2022, from https://www.mondaq.com/nigeria/terrorism- homelandsecurity-defence/533396/cyberharam39-can-nigeria-prepare-for-the-next- generation-of-terrorists
16. Yakubu, A. M. (2017). Cyber Security Issues in Nigeria and Challenges. International Journal of Advanced Research inComputer Science and Software Engineering, 315.